THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A Poem For My Dad

How long has it been since my last post? A few weeks, I think...
Well, apologies...
Actually, I have a poem I want to post up here, I post it up in a few moments...

Hold on...


It's coming....


...



......



It's here!!!

Watch out!!!!!


Happy Birthday!

It’s been so long since your last birthday
For long is so, and so is today
How ought I not remember
I have not been in  a fender-bender

I trust, that you, remember as well
That would be true, it’d be swell
For thoughts like mine linger
And I know you like rice with ginger

Today’s the day you age again
Fear not, my father, you are still young
Peace at heart, a song once sung
Not much from me you’d gain

Still, a poem has its story, and I hope
You find it soon because when the clock
Strikes twelve, the ship leaves the dock
And today forgotten, washed with soap

This poem is a first for a gift I guess
Maybe quite so, but it will kill stress
Alas, two simple words I have to say
To you, I wish a “Happy Birthday!”




Yup, so there it is, my poem :D

Yes, it's a birthday poem.
Today's my Dad's birthday (24 March) so I'm gonna print this out and give it to him, cause I have no idea what to get him. Then "BOOM!!" A POEM!!! DUH!!! So I got working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment