THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Black Eagle : Coincidence

Ringggg!!!! Her alarm was ringing at seven thirty. She yawned.
Hmm... Did I not sleep well last night? I fell awfully tired. And she yawned again. This time, almost falling back to sleep. Until...
Hey, kiddo! You've got school today!
"Huh? Oh yeah, my conscience..."
Don't tell me you forgot about me!
"Yeah, whatever" She yawned and headed to the small bathroom to freshen up.

"Dina!" Trisha waved frantically to catch her best friend's attention in the hallway and she succeeded. Dina smiled acknowledging.
"Trish, what's new?"
"Didn't you hear? A woman died on Flinch Street! You use that street all the time! The police haven't found any evidence yet! You can't go home today! The murderer might get you! You have to come sleepover at my place!" Trisha exclaimed.
Confused, Dina said, "Wait, who died? Wait, is this a scheme to make me go to one of your slumber parties? I told you I have my goldfish to attend to. She hates it when she's not fed."
"Aww... You saw me through..." Trisha said disappointedly. "Whatever, let's get to class."
Flinch Street... That's where I live... Did somebody die there?
Shut up, kid. You've got English class with Hades.
You should shut up when I'm in school.
Hey hey hey, I was the one who raised you. Don't you talk like that to me.
You sound like a nagging mother.
Head to class, kid. Or you'll get a detention slip.
Dina headed to class absent-mindedly.

Lunch break, in the cafeteria...
Whispers floated everywhere. All the fresh gossip shooting at all directions.
"Did you hear? Somebody got killed!"
"Yeah, my dad found the body this morning."
"My mom heard that the body was so cut up, you couldn't tell the gender."
"I heard from my neighbour that it was a woman."
Murmurs across the large room caught Dina's attention. Didn't Trish tell me that this morning? Whatever, guess it was just coincidence... But then she heard something that almost made her drop her tray of food, "Flinch Street. The body was found on Flinch Street."
No way...




- To Be Continued

No comments:

Post a Comment