THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, December 18, 2009

Clock Child

"Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock."
The clock on the empty wall ticked and tocked in the cruel silence, melting into her racing pulse.

"Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock."
Time seemed to be moving slower than usual, luring her to keep pace with it, slowing down, for her.

"Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock."
The second hands of the clock moved with every tick and every tock, a rhythm soon to be her own.

"Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock."
Walking slowly with each tick and each tock, in the steady beat of the ticking tocking clock.

"Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tock."
She stops. Gazing upon the vast stage. Her pulse stops. Everything stopped and went black.

``*`*`**`*`*``

What brings you to my humble home, child?
A misty, sketchy voice roamed the atmosphere around her.
Are you lost, dear child?
That eerie voice echoed again.
"Who are you?" she asked.
It's not time for questions yet, child. Now, why are you here?
"I don't know, where is this place?"
This is my home. Are you lost?
"I think so." she answered hesitantly.
Poor child. You should head back.
"How?" she asked as she peered into every nook and cranny. There was nothing, no roads, no holes, just plain vast emptiness.
Now, now, you can't find me or see me. I'm a lost spirit. But I can see you very very clearly.
She gulped. She was petrified of this eerie sketchy voice.
I can help you get out of here if you help me find my way.
"Your way where?" she squeaked.
Heaven, of course. Judgement has yet to be made. I need to know my place and so do you.
"Why me? Why not somebody else?"
Child, do you see any living soul here? No, you don't. Your destiny is to help me, that's why it's fate we met and that's why you will help me.
Listening to her own beating heart, she remembers a voice, a voice almost like this one, only calmer and quieter, reciting a prophecy. The clock child prophecy:
"Light shall shine upon the child who speaks in sync with ticks,
Power shall be given to the child who walks in sync with tocks;
Time will flow once harmony is found with each tock and each tick,
The one who hums its melody to oneself is non-other than the child of the clock."
"The child of the clock." she whispers.
And so you've heard. It's been a while since I heard that. Finally, you came. You are the clock child and I am your clock. I have been waiting for ages, Master.
"Can you take me back?" she asks, braver than before.
Yes, but on one condition.
"What is your condition?"
You have to allow me to be with you at all times.
"All right."
Brightness filled the emptiness, causing her to cover her eyes and fall.




With each tick and each tock, the clock ticks every second, non-stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment