THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Poem

To Trust Again
by Jaclyn


To trust is difficult
To love is painful
To believe is to cult
To hurt is regretful

How much it hurts when one betrays
How much it means when one believes
How sad it feels to live in dull days
How painful to live with disrupts beliefs

Only if I knew whom to trust and whom to beware
Hurt would never even exist in my vocabulary
Only if I knew that at all times I must be aware
Or else love and friendship would be my adversary

I truly want to trust again
I want to trust without doubts
I need to know I won’t be slain
When promises are broken and makes doubts

Just once I wish I could believe
The words you said were real to be
All the jokes you had up your sleeve
Then I knew seeing wasn’t to see

One white lie grows large and big
Destroying all, making all feel betrayed
At times I just want to live and take a swig
Pushing away thoughts that had been swayed

I truly want to trust again
To trust again without any bounds
To live life not tainted with pain
Smiling at memories through old towns

3 comments: